Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning. Sadly this means six more weeks of winter.
While more cold weather isn’t exciting we have a great crock pot beef stew recipe to set and forget while we continue to count down those days to camp. Only 140 days until first session and 170 days until second session!
- 1.5 lbs stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1lb of small white potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8oz whole mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 32oz beef broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Begin by prepping all ingredients. Cut beef, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, celery and onion into nice bite-sized pieces.
- Once ingredients have been prepped place everything but the flour into the crock pot. Give a good stir to combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Around 45 minutes before serving (once the meat is nice and tender) place flour in a bowl and add a ladleful of liquids from the crock pot. Whisk until smooth, then return liquids to the crock pot and cook for another 45 minutes on low or until stew has thickened.